It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:09 pm 
Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:28 pm
Posts: 73
Can Anyone Help me with the snare break?
so far I have about 4 of the 8 bars of the snare break but Im stumped on a part with quadruplets

I have everything transcribed up to 1:05 in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipkyrhqX ... re=related


:58 seconds is where the break starts

Im not asking for the music Im just simply looking for help on the one part.

thanks,

Chuck


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:22 pm 
Offline
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:47 pm
Posts: 6196
Location: Oxnard/San Luis Obispo, California
I started transribing this a while ago, so I tried finishing it just now. I just spent like, an hour trying to figure out how to write the section after the snare break.

Image

I'm pretty sure that it's all in 4/4, but I didn't know how to put it into Finale, hence 5/8 bar.

Whoa...I dunno what I was listening to, but at the end, it should be two bars of eighth-note roll, and one of straight sixteenths before the last bar. I'll put up the new one later, because I'm working on getting the entire thing up to the taiko feature.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:53 pm 
Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:23 pm
Posts: 61
good job!

hows the rest coming along?

_________________
Phantom, Devils, Vanguard, Cadets


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:55 pm 
Offline
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:22 am
Posts: 2386
Location: Priceville, Alabama
PanasonicYouth wrote:
I started transribing this a while ago, so I tried finishing it just now. I just spent like, an hour trying to figure out how to write the section after the snare break.

Image

I'm pretty sure that it's all in 4/4, but I didn't know how to put it into Finale, hence 5/8 bar.

Whoa...I dunno what I was listening to, but at the end, it should be two bars of eighth-note roll, and one of straight sixteenths before the last bar. I'll put up the new one later, because I'm working on getting the entire thing up to the taiko feature.


um No I'm pretty sure you got it right. I've looked over it about 5 times and comparing it and you had it right, 6 beats of rolls 4 beat singles. The only thing you got wrong was the accent on beat one in measure 10 is actually a shot.

_________________
Image
CorpsVets 08' - Pit
Memphis Sound 09' - Snare
University of North Alabama 09' 10' - Snare
University of North Alabama - 11' 12'- Quads
Gateway Indoor 11' - Quads


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:00 pm 
Offline
paradiddler
paradiddler

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:22 pm
Posts: 107
I'm pretty sure it stays in 4/4 the entire time, like he said, and the one triplet roll starts on an upbeat. Don't remember exactly how it get back on downbeats. But it does.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:48 am 
Offline
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:22 am
Posts: 2386
Location: Priceville, Alabama
stuff like that though, I usually don't care...as long as it's close enough for me to enjoy playing it, thanks for transcribing.

_________________
Image
CorpsVets 08' - Pit
Memphis Sound 09' - Snare
University of North Alabama 09' 10' - Snare
University of North Alabama - 11' 12'- Quads
Gateway Indoor 11' - Quads


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:38 pm 
Offline
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:47 pm
Posts: 6196
Location: Oxnard/San Luis Obispo, California
PhantomPhan89 wrote:
PanasonicYouth wrote:
I started transribing this a while ago, so I tried finishing it just now. I just spent like, an hour trying to figure out how to write the section after the snare break.

Image

I'm pretty sure that it's all in 4/4, but I didn't know how to put it into Finale, hence 5/8 bar.

Whoa...I dunno what I was listening to, but at the end, it should be two bars of eighth-note roll, and one of straight sixteenths before the last bar. I'll put up the new one later, because I'm working on getting the entire thing up to the taiko feature.


um No I'm pretty sure you got it right. I've looked over it about 5 times and comparing it and you had it right, 6 beats of rolls 4 beat singles. The only thing you got wrong was the accent on beat one in measure 10 is actually a shot.


It may have changed, unless I'm going crazy. I thought I saw a couple videos that were different, but I dunno. Too lazy to check.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:27 pm 
Offline
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:22 am
Posts: 2386
Location: Priceville, Alabama
well that could have been like a midseason video (the one you linked) and the others could have been early season or late season, so it could have changed.

_________________
Image
CorpsVets 08' - Pit
Memphis Sound 09' - Snare
University of North Alabama 09' 10' - Snare
University of North Alabama - 11' 12'- Quads
Gateway Indoor 11' - Quads


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:32 pm 
Offline
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:47 pm
Posts: 6196
Location: Oxnard/San Luis Obispo, California
I figured it out. I started transcribing by that video in the first post, but then I switched to this video, which was shot at least a week later, and therefore has the different part.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eZ_Hqs4HkE[/youtube]

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:32 pm 
Offline
noob
noob

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:17 pm
Posts: 2
very close, but hey i cant say anything. i suck at transcribing!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:01 pm 
Offline
paradiddler
paradiddler

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:51 pm
Posts: 99
Location: alabama
im workin on the entire drum break.. its givin me some truble.. i cant slow my vid down and the quality isnt good enough to figure some parts out :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:16 pm 
Offline
noob
noob

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:17 pm
Posts: 2
yeah my friend almost has the tenor break transcribed. it's insane


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:12 pm 
Offline
paradiddler
paradiddler

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:51 pm
Posts: 99
Location: alabama
yea im not even screwin with the tenor part. lol im still kinda new to the whole transcribing thing. ive got nearly all of it done. theres like two measures that i cant seem to get


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:09 am 
Offline
MAN Chops
MAN Chops

Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:00 pm
Posts: 3943
Location: Ohio
you know, it almost seems that it starts on 4 then goes into it. Listening to the snares right after their stick trick and trying to stay with the beat, just think of how it goes in 4...

_________________
Glassmen Snare - 12
Matrix Snare - 13, 14


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:58 am 
Offline
chops master
chops master

Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 2:23 am
Posts: 1535
erock435 wrote:
very close, but hey i cant say anything. i suck at transcribing!


the transcription sounds right to me. whats wrong with it?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:14 pm 
Offline
paradiddler
paradiddler

Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 139
The whole break is NOT in 4/4, especially the snare part. The portion with the buzz's in it is 15/16. I know this for a fact as Dustin showed and taught me the music lol. I will see if I can get a copy of it, but you can get the music off tapspace for that whole lick. I don't think they changed any part of it for finals at all.

_________________
Couchmen | 2010 (RealFeel)
Racine Scouts | 2009 (Snare) Open Class
Cavaliers | 2009 (Snare) (Callback)
Green Thunder Percussion | 2006 - 2007 (Snare)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:22 pm 
Offline
MAN Chops
MAN Chops
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:22 am
Posts: 3975
Location: xplanetx
Kietey wrote:
The whole break is NOT in 4/4, especially the snare part. The portion with the buzz's in it is 15/16. I know this for a fact as Dustin showed and taught me the music lol. I will see if I can get a copy of it, but you can get the music off tapspace for that whole lick. I don't think they changed any part of it for finals at all.

...No. I have the music from the book. It's all 4:4.

The part with the buzzez is a 15:16 polyrhythm. And it's the *beep* thing to try to count out.

_________________
Here we are, talking band!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:14 pm 
Offline
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:47 pm
Posts: 6196
Location: Oxnard/San Luis Obispo, California
teh_Guardian wrote:
Kietey wrote:
The whole break is NOT in 4/4, especially the snare part. The portion with the buzz's in it is 15/16. I know this for a fact as Dustin showed and taught me the music lol. I will see if I can get a copy of it, but you can get the music off tapspace for that whole lick. I don't think they changed any part of it for finals at all.

...No. I have the music from the book. It's all 4:4.

The part with the buzzez is a 15:16 polyrhythm. And it's the *beep* thing to try to count out.


*ahem*...Wanna scan that?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:59 pm 
Offline
MAN Chops
MAN Chops
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:22 am
Posts: 3975
Location: xplanetx
PanasonicYouth wrote:
teh_Guardian wrote:
Kietey wrote:
The whole break is NOT in 4/4, especially the snare part. The portion with the buzz's in it is 15/16. I know this for a fact as Dustin showed and taught me the music lol. I will see if I can get a copy of it, but you can get the music off tapspace for that whole lick. I don't think they changed any part of it for finals at all.

...No. I have the music from the book. It's all 4:4.

The part with the buzzez is a 15:16 polyrhythm. And it's the *beep* thing to try to count out.


*ahem*...Wanna scan that?

Email me, and I can send it to you.

_________________
Here we are, talking band!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:32 pm 
Offline
noob
noob
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:48 pm
Posts: 2
Really Good Work Thanks!

_________________
06-07: Drum set - Chicago
07-08: Timpani - Of The Sea
08-09: Center Snare - Savage
09-10: Center Snare - The Rise and Fall of Rome
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:56 pm 
Offline
paradiddler
paradiddler

Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:03 pm
Posts: 139
sorry ur right, 15:16 poly rhythm lol :P Is anyone going to fix the version that is posted on the site because it is quite wrong in a lot of spots...

_________________
Couchmen | 2010 (RealFeel)
Racine Scouts | 2009 (Snare) Open Class
Cavaliers | 2009 (Snare) (Callback)
Green Thunder Percussion | 2006 - 2007 (Snare)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:26 am 
Offline
chops master
chops master

Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 2:23 am
Posts: 1535
Kietey wrote:
sorry ur right, 15:16 poly rhythm lol :P Is anyone going to fix the version that is posted on the site because it is quite wrong in a lot of spots...


If your complaining so much then you fix it


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
copyright © 2012 snarescience.com