My Video Response to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:37 pm

For what it's worth:

Zam94 Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Re: My Video Response to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:03 pm

That started off deceptively civil.....good to hear this sort of insight though. I honestly hate seeing people who pretend they know what's going on with this conflict and I like that you don't pretend to know it. I've seen someone sharing all this pathos laden propaganda from Jewish facebook pages and on the other side there are also stories of the atrocities being committed against the Palestinians. I'd venture to say that there is a major gray area when it comes to this conflict and people are choosing sides too quickly.

However, I'd argue that it has less to do with religion and more to do with the fact that Israel is our strongest ally in the middle east. You can spin the religion thing however you want but in the end it just maybe a front to rationalize backing them up.I mean you didn't see the US backing the French government through the Revolution even though they requested assistance and were allies seemingly because there was no other reason to back them up. Some people would likely rather not have Israel as an ally due to their poor standing and them being odds with other middle eastern countries who seem to want war with them.

In direct regards to your video however while you tried to seem impartial at first, you ended up going on a rant that border lined on being unrelated to your point. However, I'm sure several other members here will love this.

Oprah Winfrey Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Re: My Video Response to the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:58 pm

Zam94 wrote:That started off deceptively civil.....good to hear this sort of insight though. I honestly hate seeing people who pretend they know what's going on with this conflict and I like that you don't pretend to know it. I've seen someone sharing all this pathos laden propaganda from Jewish facebook pages and on the other side there are also stories of the atrocities being committed against the Palestinians. I'd venture to say that there is a major gray area when it comes to this conflict and people are choosing sides too quickly.

However, I'd argue that it has less to do with religion and more to do with the fact that Israel is our strongest ally in the middle east. You can spin the religion thing however you want but in the end it just maybe a front to rationalize backing them up.I mean you didn't see the US backing the French government through the Revolution even though they requested assistance and were allies seemingly because there was no other reason to back them up. Some people would likely rather not have Israel as an ally due to their poor standing and them being odds with other middle eastern countries who seem to want war with them.

In direct regards to your video however while you tried to seem impartial at first, you ended up going on a rant that border lined on being unrelated to your point. However, I'm sure several other members here will love this.
The title of the video was "The Role of Religion in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict."