[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 580: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 636: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4511: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3257)
snarescience.com • The Facebook posts about the recent shooting. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3

Re: Re:

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:19 am
by hotbeats645
Mustcontrolchops wrote:
jplovesthequads wrote:
sxetnrdrmr wrote:1.Gun Control is what is on my mind...and how absolutely f-ing stupid it is to own and have guns. There is not a human on the face of the earth who is smart enough, strong enough and selfless enough to own a gun. We are stupid, reactionary, greedy animals by nature, and guns do not fit into that equation in any way, shape, or form.

I know it will never happen, but all guns need to go. I hate the dim-witted, chicken-sh*t response of "Guns don't kill people...People Kill People". That is the biggest cop-out ever. Will we ever prevent humans from killing other humans? No. Why? See the bolded statement above. BUT, having a gun makes the decision to react much easier, and less personal. When you don't have to look into the eye of the person you are killing, and be a direct part of the experience of taking a life, the decision is very easy. It feeds into the reactionary nature of the incident or decision.
You're my hero. I can't stand the whole "people kill people". Why the hell do you need the gun in the first place? If it's for 'protection, you wouldn't need it in the first place if they were outlawed. If it's for hunting, I hope you're happy that you find it entertaining to shoot animals. As for the law being in the constitution, that was in a time where we had a standing militia...you can't honestly tell me it's the same now.
Oh my god, what the hell are you gonna do if someone stabs you? Hit him and bleed to death? Outlaw knifes then? Then outlaw fists? Almost any object can kill someone. So, guns are definitely for protection. And hunting is a sport, you eat almost everything you kill, and if it doesn't get eaten by you, something eventually does eat it. You level out populations by hunting, that's why every year, you can only hunt so many things, or your breaking the law. I hope y'all know what you're saying is really stupid, and has no affect on anything. It doesn't bring people back to life, or outlaw guns, or anything. Can we just go back to drumming forums? Jesus Christ.
people aren't shooting places up with hunting rifles. they are shooting places up with semi-automatic assault weapons with magazines build to store up upwards of 100 bullets. these guns were invented specifically to kill a lot of people in a short amount of time. the 2nd amendment was written when the only guns that existed to a minute to re-load after ONE SHOT.

laws need to be updated to keep up with the technology.

Re: Re:

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:24 am
by Mustcontrolchops
hotbeats645 wrote:
jplovesthequads wrote:
sxetnrdrmr wrote:1.Gun Control
people aren't shooting places up with hunting rifles. they are shooting places up with semi-automatic assault weapons with magazines build to store up upwards of 100 bullets. these guns were invented specifically to kill a lot of people in a short amount of time. the 2nd amendment was written when the only guns that existed to a minute to re-load after ONE SHOT.

laws need to be updated to keep up with the technology.
But how do they get these guns? Illegally, they are already illegal. So, if you outlaw guns. That doesn't matter. These people will still manage to get guns. And semi-autos aren't illegal. Anything over 2-round burst fire is illegal. People are killing people with illegal automatic and burst fire military weapons, mostly from other countrys.

Re: Re:

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:28 am
by hotbeats645
Mustcontrolchops wrote:
hotbeats645 wrote: people aren't shooting places up with hunting rifles. they are shooting places up with semi-automatic assault weapons with magazines build to store up upwards of 100 bullets. these guns were invented specifically to kill a lot of people in a short amount of time. the 2nd amendment was written when the only guns that existed to a minute to re-load after ONE SHOT.

laws need to be updated to keep up with the technology.
[/quote]
But how do they get these guns? Illegally, they are already illegal. So, if you outlaw guns. That doesn't matter. These people will still manage to get guns. And semi-autos aren't illegal. Anything over 2-round burst fire is illegal. People are killing people with illegal automatic and burst fire military weapons, mostly from other countrys.[/quote]


wrongo in the congo, my friend.

Re: The Facebook posts about the recent shooting.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:01 pm
by Mustcontrolchops
I have no idea what you're smoking.

Re: The Facebook posts about the recent shooting.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:36 pm
by hotbeats645
it's some dank *beep*. blunts on blunts on blunts.


but you need to start reading some facts.

good day!

Re: The Facebook posts about the recent shooting.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:57 pm
by TVOham
/facepalm


Did you just say semi-automatic guns are illegal?

Use Google please.

Re: Re:

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:19 pm
by jplovesthequads
Mustcontrolchops wrote:
jplovesthequads wrote:
sxetnrdrmr wrote:1.Gun Control is what is on my mind...and how absolutely f-ing stupid it is to own and have guns. There is not a human on the face of the earth who is smart enough, strong enough and selfless enough to own a gun. We are stupid, reactionary, greedy animals by nature, and guns do not fit into that equation in any way, shape, or form.

I know it will never happen, but all guns need to go. I hate the dim-witted, chicken-sh*t response of "Guns don't kill people...People Kill People". That is the biggest cop-out ever. Will we ever prevent humans from killing other humans? No. Why? See the bolded statement above. BUT, having a gun makes the decision to react much easier, and less personal. When you don't have to look into the eye of the person you are killing, and be a direct part of the experience of taking a life, the decision is very easy. It feeds into the reactionary nature of the incident or decision.
You're my hero. I can't stand the whole "people kill people". Why the hell do you need the gun in the first place? If it's for 'protection, you wouldn't need it in the first place if they were outlawed. If it's for hunting, I hope you're happy that you find it entertaining to shoot animals. As for the law being in the constitution, that was in a time where we had a standing militia...you can't honestly tell me it's the same now.
Oh my god, what the hell are you gonna do if someone stabs you? Hit him and bleed to death? Outlaw knifes then? Then outlaw fists? Almost any object can kill someone. So, guns are definitely for protection. And hunting is a sport, you eat almost everything you kill, and if it doesn't get eaten by you, something eventually does eat it. You level out populations by hunting, that's why every year, you can only hunt so many things, or your breaking the law. I hope y'all know what you're saying is really stupid, and has no affect on anything. It doesn't bring people back to life, or outlaw guns, or anything. Can we just go back to drumming forums? Jesus Christ.
Are you seriously comparing a gun to a fist and a knife? Tell me you're kidding. If someones in a room with 20 other people and he has a gun i guarantee you people would be scared. Where as a fist or a knife is way less threatening. Come on now.

Re: The Facebook posts about the recent shooting.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:38 pm
by hotbeats645
some common misconceptions debunked

http://boston.com/community/blogs/crime ... hooti.html

Re: The Facebook posts about the recent shooting.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:45 pm
by Mustcontrolchops
Ok, they'll outlaw guns, then knifes, then not take any violence at all? I didn't compare them. And yes, that stupid ass said semi-autos are illegal.

Re: The Facebook posts about the recent shooting.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:55 pm
by jplovesthequads
I never even said that they will outlaw guns...In a perfect world I would outlaw guns most definetly but it's not really possible to get all the guns out of the country. And yes you did compare them...you said "Outlaw knifes then? Then outlaw fists? Almost any object can kill someone". And your little "hunting game" is the reason lots of animals have gone extinct in the first place...that limit on how many animals can be killed over a certain season is almost always passed, look it up.

Look at the war on drugs. We know they're dangerous, and we know it's almost impossible to get them out of the country, but do we still crack down on dealers and find the druggies? Yes. Same thing with guns If you decrease them in the first place. I'll never understand why anyone needs a gun.

Re: The Facebook posts about the recent shooting.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:57 pm
by Cubee
Mustcontrolchops wrote:Ok, they'll outlaw guns, then knifes, then not take any violence at all? I didn't compare them. And yes, that stupid ass said semi-autos are illegal.
Knives have all sorts of utility outside of murder. Assault weapons are literally designed to kill humans. Any analogy between assault weapons and other 'dangerous things' (knives, cars, etc) falls apart because of this.

You'd be better of comparing assault weapons to other things that are designed to kill people. You might have some trouble with this analogy though... because those things are illegal.

Re: The Facebook posts about the recent shooting.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:13 pm
by Mustcontrolchops
Yeah, automatics, machine guns, auto loaders, whatever the hell you want to call them. THOSE are illegal. So are grenades, missiles, projectile weapons and such. But people still manage to get them, from other countries. We can't control anyone else but the USA, so there will always be violence. And comparing things is not what I'm doing. If I wanted to compare them, I'd tell you about guns, then knifes and fists, and pick one. Last time I checked, I didn't do that. Learn real logic, stupid hippies.

Re: The Facebook posts about the recent shooting.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:18 pm
by hotbeats645
Mustcontrolchops wrote:Ok, they'll outlaw guns, then knifes, then not take any violence at all? I didn't compare them. And yes, that stupid ass said semi-autos are illegal.

who said semi-autos are illegal?

name calling is dumb. do you need a hug?

Re: The Facebook posts about the recent shooting.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:19 pm
by Mustcontrolchops
You did, actually.

Re: The Facebook posts about the recent shooting.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:21 pm
by hotbeats645
Mustcontrolchops wrote:You did, actually.

I said no such thing

Re: Re:

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:30 pm
by jplovesthequads
You did compare guns to knives and fists...I even quoted you and will do so again;
Mustcontrolchops wrote: Outlaw knifes then? Then outlaw fists? Almost any object can kill someone. So, guns are definitely for protection.

Here you're clearly saying that if guns are outlawed, then so should other dangerous objects like knives and...fists....therefore everything you state is invalid. So far all you've done is claim how GREAT guns are, as if they do more good then bad. Then you went ahead and started name calling. That means you're mad :lol:

Re: The Facebook posts about the recent shooting.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:43 pm
by Mustcontrolchops
I'm not mad. I just don't like you people. There's a difference. Guns do more good than bad. How else would we be alive today? Some people die, while others die for us to be safe. And I'm saying what would happen, guns then knives then fists. Like what would they outlaw next? Get it? No one does, obviously.

Re: The Facebook posts about the recent shooting.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:44 pm
by hotbeats645
Mustcontrolchops wrote:I'm not mad. I just don't like you people. There's a difference. Guns do more good than bad. How else would we be alive today? Some people die, while others die for us to be safe. And I'm saying what would happen, guns then knives then fists. Like what would they outlaw next? Get it? No one does, obviously.

yes, how did people possibly live before everybody had a gun?


calling people names, even if you don't like them, won't get you far in life. it just makes you look immature.

Re: The Facebook posts about the recent shooting.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:49 pm
by Mustcontrolchops
Making no sense and complaining about little kids getting shot is immature, mate. People still killed people, back then. They had different methods, but they succeeded in killing people.

Re: The Facebook posts about the recent shooting.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:51 pm
by Mustcontrolchops
Trying to get guns outlawed wont get you far in life, because sorry, that won't happen.

Re: The Facebook posts about the recent shooting.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:57 pm
by hotbeats645
Mustcontrolchops wrote:Making no sense and complaining about little kids getting shot is immature, mate. People still killed people, back then. They had different methods, but they succeeded in killing people.

oh, so you're just a terrible person, then.


People have always killed. This is true. I respect your right to own a gun, because its in the Constitution. However, guns today are way different than guns back then. Guns today can fire hundreds and hundreds of shots in a minute, and are manufactured for war to kill a lot of people. Guns back then could fire one shot in a minute, maybe, and weren't accurate. What I'm saying is that the average joe blo shouldn't be able to have access to a gun that can kill lots of people quickly, very accurately, because for some reason Americans have an issue with gun violence. We should make it harder for people to get shot in large quantities.

Re: The Facebook posts about the recent shooting.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:04 pm
by Mustcontrolchops
Yeah, they're thinking about hardcore background checks, which is fine with me, but people on here want to outlaw guns completely. As for the kids, I'm sorry, but it happens, and people get over it. Life goes on, akfina said, which is so true.

Re: The Facebook posts about the recent shooting.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:07 pm
by jbohan6
I like what you said hotbeats. It's true.


Why should it be legal to purchase automatic/semi-automatic weapons? A hunting rifle or shotgun is very different from a handgun. I can't think of any other purpose for handguns/ other automatic weapons, besides killing. The only other thing i can possibly imagine is shooting targets for recreation. Other than that, what other uses are there? I don't know much about the weapons used in hunting, because the most hunting i do is fishing, because it's something i love to do, but i can't recall there being an instance where a handgun was used to hunt game/fowl.

I think hunting rifles/ other firearms that are solely related to recreational use should be legal. But there should be alot more rules and regulations placed upon them, because a hunting rifle could still kill a person.

I do not think handguns or automatic weapons should be legal at all. They serve no purpose other than to kill, i feel. If you feel that you should always be able to defend yourself, purchase an advanced security system for your home. If you feel that you should be able to protect yourself in public, carry pepper spray with you.


Edit: i for some reason thought it was legal to purchase automatic weapons. It isn't. They're obtained via blackmarkets, etc. sorry.

Re: The Facebook posts about the recent shooting.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:13 pm
by Cubee
Mustcontrolchops wrote:Yeah, automatics, machine guns, auto loaders, whatever the hell you want to call them. THOSE are illegal. So are grenades, missiles, projectile weapons and such. But people still manage to get them, from other countries. We can't control anyone else but the USA, so there will always be violence. And comparing things is not what I'm doing. If I wanted to compare them, I'd tell you about guns, then knifes and fists, and pick one. Last time I checked, I didn't do that. Learn real logic, stupid hippies.
My apologies for any confusion, I should have specified a premise. My post was regarding the thread topic, which is individuals committing mass murder with legally purchased weapons. I don't know all that much about the flow of illegal weapons into the us. Is that even a real issue? It might be worth talking about, and but it's not relevant to the discussion at hand so I'm not going to comment on that.

And you were comparing guns and knives. Implicitly, if you want to split hairs here, but you absolutely did. Asking whether banning knives is the next logical step after banning guns is implying that there is a connection between guns and knives. To point out the flaw in your argument, I pointed out how your implicit comparison is inherently flawed.

Try to respond to my arguments, not going after a straw man.

Re: The Facebook posts about the recent shooting.

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:51 pm
by Mustcontrolchops
Handguns are used for protection. If you've seen how psycho some people are, you'd understand that security systems and pepper spray are no help at all.