Judged for eating Chick-fil-a?

discuss and debate ideas and issues in a respectful manner

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth

ZachR Offline
paradiddler
paradiddler

Judged for eating Chick-fil-a?

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:50 am

Do you think some people judge you when eating at chick-fil-a now? Maybe it's just me, but when I'm eating their food, I get looks of disgust from random passer-bys.

All I want to do is eat a good chicken sandwich, not make a political statement.
Zach Robbins - Student, Educator, Performer
Mississippi State University Snareline 2011-2012
http://drumline.org.msstate.edu/

hotbeats645 Offline
Jeff Queen
Jeff Queen

Re: Judged for eating Chick-fil-a?

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:15 am

anybody who judges you for eating chicken needs to re-evaluate what they're mad at. I understand why people are upset with the CEO, and I believe that gay people should be able to get married, but come on. The leaders of OPEC crucify gays, and everybody is still buying gas. It's easy for people to boycott something like Chick-fil-a. I'm just gonna eat my chicken
I play and teach music (sometimes even band music!)

I work in music tech and licensing.

Music is an art and positive energy.

Kaitou Offline

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:07 pm

People are up in arms about Chick-fil-a like they were about Kony or whatever the thing for cool people to be mad about before that was
TA67 wrote:She walked over to me and said "I formally request that you turn my body into a playground of lust and wonder, o burly man." To which I agreed. I laid her down on the desk, and well...we both got As for the entire semester as a result.
ImageImage

TVOham Offline
chops master
chops master

Re:

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:38 pm

Chick-Fil-A DOES use their influence to peddle conservative shenanigans to the public, so it's impossible to say that they're "just" a fast food restaurant. My only problem with them is that they won't come to my city because it's "the devil's land".

Lee clary Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:39 pm

Man *beep* what people say im gonna eat a Chicken sandwich always.
Famu Fall 17' 🤞🏼🐍🐍

Kaitou Offline

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:51 pm

Lee clary wrote:Man *beep* what people say im gonna eat a Chicken sandwich always.
That inspired me so much
TA67 wrote:She walked over to me and said "I formally request that you turn my body into a playground of lust and wonder, o burly man." To which I agreed. I laid her down on the desk, and well...we both got As for the entire semester as a result.
ImageImage

Lee clary Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:23 pm

You are so welcome.
Famu Fall 17' 🤞🏼🐍🐍

lij2015 Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:24 pm

Considering I live in the bible belt, no one actually gives a *beep* about it here.
My metropolitan area had that huge chick fil a thing(support same sex marraige)
I just want a good chicken snadwich! My money is going towards good food, not killing gays.
Dominion storm: 2011, 2012 Vibes/Marimba
James Madison University

Lee clary Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:28 pm

lij2015 wrote:Considering I live in the bible belt, no one actually gives a *beep* about it here.
My metropolitan area had that huge chick fil a thing(support same sex marraige)
I just want a good chicken snadwich! My money is going towards good food, not killing gays.
Good chicken no one cares for morals.
Famu Fall 17' 🤞🏼🐍🐍

mlust14 Offline
paradiddler
paradiddler

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:33 pm

Lee clary wrote:Man *beep* what people say im gonna eat a Chicken sandwich always.
super like.
Hilliard Bradley HS
2010 - 2013: Snare

Capital City Percussion (PIO)
2012: Snare
2013 - 2014: Cymbals

wturner901 Offline
MAN Chops
MAN Chops

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:47 pm

I was told I was supporting homophobia by buying a #4 combo.

I told them the CEO probably doesn't need too much supporting. And that the food tasted great.

:3
hotbeats645 wrote:Lost my lady friend. But it wasn't anything emotionally serious. Two other really hot girls are interested in me. It doesn't seem fair to choose.

tommyservo7 Offline
MAN Chops
MAN Chops

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:44 pm

I'm so torn over my love for Chick-fil-A and hatred for homophobia. I mean, its absolutely true that for each dollar you spend there, some percent probably goes towards anti-gay non-profits.
Tom

2007-2011 OBFP
2011-2012 College in Indiana

Multi-pitched timp-tom tenor-scaled membranaphone for life.

yoshikinto Offline
chops master
chops master

Re:

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:07 am

Is it really that good? There are no locations in my state.

Cascades: Snare '10

University of Washington: Tenors '10-'11

tommyservo7 Offline
MAN Chops
MAN Chops

Re: Re:

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:15 am

yoshikinto wrote:Is it really that good? There are no locations in my state.
>Take fried chicken
>Pour hot water on it
>Place on bun
>Eat

Ok I realize that doesn't sound to appealing but it is amazing.
Tom

2007-2011 OBFP

KJennings Offline
chops master
chops master

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:11 am

lij2015 wrote:I just want a good chicken snadwich! My money is going towards good food, not killing gays.
Your money goes towards organizations that actively look for a "cure" for homosexuality.
DCI Open Class- 2006
DCI World Class- 2007, 2010, 2011
WGI World Class- 2011, 2012, 2013 (Snare Tech)
Image Image

sxetnrdrmr Offline

Re:

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:31 pm

the CEO needed to make the company more money. What better than a little controversy for free advertisement. That is corporate genius for sure. It is bad, but it was genius.

Methinks that I am going to do something like that to fundraise for a new marimba...hmmm
Iv'e got sXe!!!!
NAATD!!!!
Up the Antix!!!!

ImageImage

Its' All about the Parking Lot - Watterson Drumline
www.bishopwattersondrumline.webs.com
OSUMB Tenor tech
Pearl
Zildjian
Innovative Percussion
Remo/Evans

Madjical Offline
chops master
chops master

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:02 pm

This is completely and totally absurd. On both ends.

I've talked to folks who are totally against the restaurant, and will refuse to purchase anything from them. Even a few protest. I asked them if they're willing to stop buying products from Apple, or stop using Google products, or avoid Mobil gas stations, or even stop shopping at places like Urban Outfitters. All companies that are against same sex marriage. Nobody is that radical. Nobody is willing to give up the luxuries that support their day to day lives, but when something as small and meaningless as a chicken sandwich comes into play, people get all up in arms and defensive.

You cannot play both sides of the field. You can't say you're for gay marriage, hate one company that is against, and support the rest. You need to pick a side. Otherwise, you're just being a hypocrit, fueling the flames of conflict, and lying to yourself. Besides, let's be real, it's a fast food restaurant. Just because a place that makes a good chicken sandwich is against same sex marriage doesn't mean you should stop eating there if you like it. If Apple came out tomorrow and said "Science doesn't exist," I would still buy their products. It's their opinion. They make a damn good product, and that's what I'm going to buy. I'm entitled to my opninion, they're entitled to theirs. I'm going to believe what I think is true, and that's that. Stick to your guns, but don't give up on something you like, especially when you support other companies that are against something you are for.

Life's too short man. Do what you want, be who you want to be with, eat what you want to eat, and believe what you think is right.

tommyservo7 Offline
MAN Chops
MAN Chops

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:02 pm

Madjical wrote:This is completely and totally absurd. On both ends.

I've talked to folks who are totally against the restaurant, and will refuse to purchase anything from them. Even a few protest. I asked them if they're willing to stop buying products from Apple, or stop using Google products, or avoid Mobil gas stations, or even stop shopping at places like Urban Outfitters. All companies that are against same sex marriage. Nobody is that radical. Nobody is willing to give up the luxuries that support their day to day lives, but when something as small and meaningless as a chicken sandwich comes into play, people get all up in arms and defensive.

You cannot play both sides of the field. You can't say you're for gay marriage, hate one company that is against, and support the rest. You need to pick a side. Otherwise, you're just being a hypocrit, fueling the flames of conflict, and lying to yourself. Besides, let's be real, it's a fast food restaurant. Just because a place that makes a good chicken sandwich is against same sex marriage doesn't mean you should stop eating there if you like it. If Apple came out tomorrow and said "Science doesn't exist," I would still buy their products. It's their opinion. They make a *beep* good product, and that's what I'm going to buy. I'm entitled to my opninion, they're entitled to theirs. I'm going to believe what I think is true, and that's that. Stick to your guns, but don't give up on something you like, especially when you support other companies that are against something you are for.

Life's too short man. Do what you want, be who you want to be with, eat what you want to eat, and believe what you think is right.
For future reference, Google and Apple both support same-sex marriage.

I was at the mall with my parents and they got me Chick-Fil-A despite my not wanting it. I wasn't going to not eat the already-paid-for food, so I wrapped my food and drink in a bunch of napkins and ate extremely sketchily.
Tom

2007-2011 OBFP

sxetnrdrmr Offline

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:25 pm

tommyservo7 wrote:
Madjical wrote:This is completely and totally absurd. On both ends.

You cannot play both sides of the field. You can't say you're for gay marriage, hate one company that is against, and support the rest. You need to pick a side. Otherwise, you're just being a hypocrit, fueling the flames of conflict, and lying to yourself. Besides, let's be real, it's a fast food restaurant. Just because a place that makes a good chicken sandwich is against same sex marriage doesn't mean you should stop eating there if you like it. If Apple came out tomorrow and said "Science doesn't exist," I would still buy their products. It's their opinion. They make a *beep* good product, and that's what I'm going to buy. I'm entitled to my opninion, they're entitled to theirs. I'm going to believe what I think is true, and that's that. Stick to your guns, but don't give up on something you like, especially when you support other companies that are against something you are for.

For future reference, Google and Apple both support same-sex marriage.

I was at the mall with my parents and they got me Chick-Fil-A despite my not wanting it. I wasn't going to not eat the already-paid-for food, so I wrapped my food and drink in a bunch of napkins and ate extremely sketchily.
Thats what I thought...

I protest Chick-fil-a because, unlike most people here it seems, I don't think they are very good. I also don't agree with the CEO's viewpoint, but that is after the fact.

I do agree that not supporting buisneses that you don't agree with by not spending money there is more powerful than protesting. Vote With Your Wallet is my motto in that category. The fact that I won't give Chic-fil-a my money will hurt them more than anything else...
Iv'e got sXe!!!!
NAATD!!!!
Up the Antix!!!!

ImageImage

OSUMB Tenor tech
Pearl
Zildjian
Innovative Percussion
Remo/Evans

Madjical Offline
chops master
chops master

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:19 pm

Oh well holy hell, look at that, they are...

A few months ago I could have sworn I read somewhere that both them were against same sex marriage...

sxetnrdrmr Offline

Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:26 pm

Madjical wrote:Oh well holy hell, look at that, they are...

A few months ago I could have sworn I read somewhere that both them were against same sex marriage...
..thats why I was surprised to read your post. I was like..."Apple? A forward thinking company like them who caters to the artists and creative element. Hmmm..."
Iv'e got sXe!!!!
NAATD!!!!
Up the Antix!!!!

ImageImage

OSUMB Tenor tech
Pearl
Zildjian
Innovative Percussion
Remo/Evans

TVOham Offline
chops master
chops master

Re:

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:21 pm

The problem is not the CEO's position on the issue.

The problem is that he uses his position to advocate sickening things (like a "cure" for homosexuality).

sxetnrdrmr Offline

Re: Re:

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:30 pm

TVOham wrote:The problem is not the CEO's position on the issue.

The problem is that he uses his position to advocate sickening things (like a "cure" for homosexuality).
Bingo...
Iv'e got sXe!!!!
NAATD!!!!
Up the Antix!!!!

ImageImage

OSUMB Tenor tech
Pearl
Zildjian
Innovative Percussion
Remo/Evans

KennaSnare2009 Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:52 pm

It's not just that the CEO doesn't support same-sex marriage. He has the right to believe whatever he wants. I don't agree with him, but it doesn't matter. So many people are boycotting them because they do not want their money going to extremest anti-gay groups, which Chick Fil A donates money to. Whenever Oreo came out as "pro-gay" so many people boycotted them because of it, but now are so appalled at the fact that people who support same-sex marriage are boycotting Chick Fil A.
Marble Falls High School Snare 06-07
Marble Falls High School Center Snare 07-08
Marble Falls High School Center Snare 08-09, Section Leader, Band President

sxetnrdrmr Offline

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:14 pm

KennaSnare2009 wrote:It's not just that the CEO doesn't support same-sex marriage. He has the right to believe whatever he wants. I don't agree with him, but it doesn't matter. So many people are boycotting them because they do not want their money going to extremest anti-gay groups, which Chick Fil A donates money to. Whenever Oreo came out as "pro-gay" so many people boycotted them because of it, but now are so appalled at the fact that people who support same-sex marriage are boycotting Chick Fil A.
Vote With Your Wallet baby!!!! It's the only way to get real change anymore...
Iv'e got sXe!!!!
NAATD!!!!
Up the Antix!!!!

ImageImage

OSUMB Tenor tech
Pearl
Zildjian
Innovative Percussion
Remo/Evans