What if Cannabis Cured Cancer?

discuss and debate ideas and issues in a respectful manner

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth

hotbeats645 Offline
Jeff Queen
Jeff Queen

What if Cannabis Cured Cancer?

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:52 pm

I'm a firm advocate for marijuana use. Before I watched this documentary, I wasn't sure about why I was smoking the dope, but watching this (with up to date research on marijuana and it's effects on the body) made me a believer. Please watch and discuss
I play and teach music (sometimes even band music!)

I work in music tech and licensing.

Music is an art and positive energy.

swissflamdrag Offline
chops master
chops master

Re:

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:15 pm

I'm in the same boat.

How many people have died from tylonol overdose? Many

How many people have died from pot? Zero
Northwest High School class of '12
Forte 2011 Snare

DrummerOf2012 Offline
chops master
chops master

Re: What if Cannabis Cured Cancer?

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:18 pm

Remember prohibition? That's the stage we are in. Now just wait for like 8 years por will be completely legal, possibly sooner.
Viral video with 5 snare drummers in kilts.
Army All-American Marching Band - 2012
TCI 2010 snareline "Censored"

University of Texas Percussion

sQuiGglyMuFflYWiGS Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:57 pm

If cannabis cured cancer the government would bombard us with propaganda to convince us its terrible for you because its cheaper than the poison they make.
Norristown Drumline
04-09: Bottom Bass/cymbals
United Percussion
2010-2012: Bass 5, 3, 2
Reading Buccaneers
2010: Bass 3
2013: Bass 1
Carolina Crown
2011: Bass 4
Imperial Dynasty
2013: Bass 3
Teal Sound
BassTech 7/9/2012

DrummerOf2012 Offline
chops master
chops master

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:03 pm

sQuiGglyMuFflYWiGS wrote:If cannabis cured cancer the government would bombard us with propaganda to convince us its terrible for you because its cheaper than the poison they make.
Or they would just legalize it and tax it, because an antidote for cancer is a strong reason to legalize it.

MPolarinakis Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:07 pm

DrummerOf2012 wrote:
sQuiGglyMuFflYWiGS wrote:If cannabis cured cancer the government would bombard us with propaganda to convince us its terrible for you because its cheaper than the poison they make.
Or they would just legalize it and tax it, because an antidote for cancer is a strong reason to legalize it.
I'm glad im not the only person on this website with faith in the system lol.
'10 '11 '12 '13

'09 '10 '11 '13

for clarification, see related GIF

MPolarinakis Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:08 pm

MPolarinakis wrote:
DrummerOf2012 wrote:
to be noted, i dont condone teh drugs. i just have faith in the political and medical systems
'10 '11 '12 '13

'09 '10 '11 '13

hotbeats645 Offline
Jeff Queen
Jeff Queen

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:16 pm

I would have faith in the system if the facts (presented much more clearly in the video than I can type) weren't so supportive of marijuana, and the laws weren't so harsh. There have been more raids in states where marijuana is medically legal by the federal government under this administration than any other before-not steps in the right direction

hotbeats645 Offline
Jeff Queen
Jeff Queen

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:18 pm

that's the point this video is making

DrummerOf2012 Offline
chops master
chops master

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:39 pm

MPolarinakis wrote:
MPolarinakis wrote:
DrummerOf2012 wrote: Or they would just legalize it and tax it, because an antidote for cancer is a strong reason to legalize it.
to be noted, i dont condone teh drugs. i just have faith in the political and medical systems

ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:02 pm

DrummerOf2012 wrote:
If they legalized it i feel like they would ruin it. They probably wouldn't let just anyone grow it, they want all the money so you gotta get it through them. And you know that "human advancement" mentality theyll probly add some uber synthetic junk to get the plants all roided up to make it more expensive, and worse for you.

Plus the difference between this and alcohol is that prohibition was only 13 years, now how long has pot been illegal. Cure or not it is the counterculture and it would kill a lot of peoples pride to just let something go like that. Really the only thing i see pot to be a cure for is worry, and thats the only way i can perceive this fighting cancer.People who don't smoke are so concerned about when they are going to die. People who do are concerned about the next time they are going to smoke.
Norristown Drumline
United Percussion
Reading Buccaneers
Carolina Crown
Imperial Dynasty
Teal Sound
BassTech 7/9/2012

hotbeats645 Offline
Jeff Queen
Jeff Queen

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:18 pm

sQuiGglyMuFflYWiGS wrote:
DrummerOf2012 wrote:
If they legalized it i feel like they would ruin it. They probably wouldn't let just anyone grow it, they want all the money so you gotta get it through them. And you know that "human advancement" mentality theyll probly add some uber synthetic junk to get the plants all roided up to make it more expensive, and worse for you.

yeah, the last thing I want is for it to be government regulated if legalized. It should be like any other business-you have legitimate growers domestically and abroad (some of the stuff people are growing is sooooo dank), have it transported to small businesses that distribute. of course, everybody would probably need government forms and have to conform to certain standards, but if there is a competitive free market (like this country supposedly promotes) people would keep trying to find ways to make it more pure to compete with other businesses.

or, you could just grow some hippie weed in your backyard and keep the product in your hands. whatever floats your boat.

MPolarinakis Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:47 pm

DrummerOf2012 wrote:

Plus the difference between this and alcohol is that prohibition was only 13 years, now how long has pot been illegal. Cure or not it is the counterculture and it would kill a lot of peoples pride to just let something go like that. Really the only thing i see pot to be a cure for is worry, and thats the only way i can perceive this fighting cancer.People who don't smoke are so concerned about when they are going to die. People who do are concerned about the next time they are going to smoke.
i think weed is dumb again. but i dont understand what all the adversity is with genetically modified consumables, if we stopped growing genetically modified food, we would literally all starve to death. and genetically modifying food, and milk, or anything makes it cheaper, cause it can be produced in bulk and none of the stock goes bad.
'10 '11 '12 '13

'09 '10 '11 '13

ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:22 pm

MPolarinakis wrote:
i think weed is dumb again. but i dont understand what all the adversity is with genetically modified consumables, if we stopped growing genetically modified food, we would literally all starve to death. and genetically modifying food, and milk, or anything makes it cheaper, cause it can be produced in bulk and none of the stock goes bad.
Well weed is dumb, it cannot speak or think, so its kind of redundant for you to think something can't think but hey whatever gets you off man. If you try organic food you might remember why you have taste buds but it sounds like you must not eat real food alot or else you would know the difference haha. And i wouldnt starve to death cause i know how to grow my own.... ruffffff
Norristown Drumline
United Percussion
Reading Buccaneers
Carolina Crown
Imperial Dynasty
Teal Sound
BassTech 7/9/2012

TVOham Offline
chops master
chops master

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:10 pm

The only people who advocate for marijuana (and I know this because I was one of them) are dopers who smoke it.

Marijuana is a drug. It compromises your judgement. It puts not only yourself at risk (from yourself), but also others around you. Anytime you're inhaling chemicals that alter your brain you're going to be a danger to yourself and others. If marijuana WERE legalized, it would have to be EXTREMELY regulated (even more so than alcohol).

To be clear, I'm FOR legalizing marijuana, but when people try to justify their own use of it by pretending it has no negative side effects it just pisses me off.

MPolarinakis Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:16 pm

MPolarinakis wrote:
Well weed is dumb, it cannot speak or think, so its kind of redundant for you to think something can't think but hey whatever gets you off man. If you try organic food you might remember why you have taste buds but it sounds like you must not eat real food alot or else you would know the difference haha. And i wouldnt starve to death cause i know how to grow my own.... ruffffff

I've had organic food. that's the only kinda food that my parents eat at home.

if you like paying like twice as much for your food go for it, but personally I'd rather save money.
'10 '11 '12 '13

'09 '10 '11 '13

hotbeats645 Offline
Jeff Queen
Jeff Queen

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:12 am

a lot of GMO's have done good things (bigger food, etc) but some of them are really bad for you. Organic food also tastes much better. It's personal choice, but if I can afford organic i splurge.

hotbeats645 Offline
Jeff Queen
Jeff Queen

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:15 am

and yes, smoking weed is putting a chemical in your brain. however, it's a chemical that occurs naturally in the body in the brain, liver, stomach, and other places. many other animals have far more developed cannabinoid systems. Cats have evolved so that they literally are tripping for parts of the day. it's a lot different than putting some coke up your nose or getting shwasted on some jack

most abused drug in the world? caffeine.

ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:30 am

TVOham wrote:The only people who advocate for marijuana (and I know this because I was one of them) are dopers who smoke it.

Marijuana is a drug. It compromises your judgement. It puts not only yourself at risk (from yourself), but also others around you. Anytime you're inhaling chemicals that alter your brain you're going to be a danger to yourself and others. If marijuana WERE legalized, it would have to be EXTREMELY regulated (even more so than alcohol).

To be clear, I'm FOR legalizing marijuana, but when people try to justify their own use of it by pretending it has no negative side effects it just *beep* me off.
Well i personally wouldnt consider myself a doper but i guess if i smoke it those are the rules. There are ways to get the benefits from the plant without harmful smoke. Vaporizing and edibles being two of the most popular alternatives both having no foreseeable negative side effects other than getting too high. So is Weed harmless? yes. The way people choose to use it is where the risk is developed. Out of curiosity, how do you think it puts myself at risk along with the people around me?
MPolarinakis wrote:

if you like paying like twice as much for your food go for it, but personally I'd rather save money.
As i said i can grow my own so im really not paying that much when i do get groceries. If you like saving your money instead of putting quality nutrition in your body go for it. Just let me know how those strips taste when that's all you have left because you cant buy anything anymore because we've rendered the dollar useless.
Norristown Drumline
United Percussion
Reading Buccaneers
Carolina Crown
Imperial Dynasty
Teal Sound
BassTech 7/9/2012

TVOham Offline
chops master
chops master

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:10 am

TVOham wrote:The only people who advocate for marijuana (and I know this because I was one of them) are dopers who smoke it.

To be clear, I'm FOR legalizing marijuana, but when people try to justify their own use of it by pretending it has no negative side effects it just *beep* me off.
Well i personally wouldnt consider myself a doper but i guess if i smoke it those are the rules. There are ways to get the benefits from the plant without harmful smoke. Vaporizing and edibles being two of the most popular alternatives both having no foreseeable negative side effects other than getting too high. So is Weed harmless? yes. The way people choose to use it is where the risk is developed. Out of curiosity, how do you think it puts myself at risk along with the people around me?
MPolarinakis wrote:

As i said i can grow my own so im really not paying that much when i do get groceries. If you like saving your money instead of putting quality nutrition in your body go for it. Just let me know how those strips taste when that's all you have left because you cant buy anything anymore because we've rendered the dollar useless.

Do I really need to explain to you how your judgement is compromised when you're high on a drug?

By the way, out of curiosity are any of you actually using Cannabis for medical purposes or are you just using the people who do as an excuse to defend your bad habits?

tommyservo7 Offline
MAN Chops
MAN Chops

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:26 am

TVOham wrote:
sQuiGglyMuFflYWiGS wrote: Well i personally wouldnt consider myself a doper but i guess if i smoke it those are the rules. There are ways to get the benefits from the plant without harmful smoke. Vaporizing and edibles being two of the most popular alternatives both having no foreseeable negative side effects other than getting too high. So is Weed harmless? yes. The way people choose to use it is where the risk is developed. Out of curiosity, how do you think it puts myself at risk along with the people around me?
MPolarinakis wrote:

Do I really need to explain to you how your judgement is compromised when you're high on a drug?

By the way, out of curiosity are any of you actually using Cannabis for medical purposes or are you just using the people who do as an excuse to defend your bad habits?
Not to be a prick, but have you smoked pot before? I wouldn't say your judgement is altered by it NEARLY as much as while drinking alcohol.

Off-topic: I really thought the thread said "What if Canada Cured Caner?"
Last edited by tommyservo7 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom

2007-2011 OBFP
2011-2012 College in Indiana

Multi-pitched timp-tom tenor-scaled membranaphone for life.

ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:42 am

TVOham wrote:Do I really need to explain to you how your judgement is compromised when you're high on a drug?

No you dont need to explain that, but I would like to hear how It's a danger to myself and the people around me. Now I am only speaking for myself since I don't know how the people around me behave in every situation, but I know exactly what I can or can't do and when they are appropriate. When I see no potential risk in doing something while on cannabis I'll do it, because I know myself, I know my limits, and I know when I physically can't do something. I use it medicinally, I'm not terminal or anything but for psychological woes, muscle relaxation (especially good for stretching), dream enhancement, appetite regulator, imagination spark, aphrodisiac, meditation aid, memory eraser. the list goes on and those all sound like pretty good habits to me. So my question is why do you think medicine should only be for "sick" people.
Norristown Drumline
United Percussion
Reading Buccaneers
Carolina Crown
Imperial Dynasty
Teal Sound
BassTech 7/9/2012

hotbeats645 Offline
Jeff Queen
Jeff Queen

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:55 am

TVOham wrote:Do I really need to explain to you how your judgement is compromised when you're high on a drug?

No you dont need to explain that, but I would like to hear how It's a danger to myself and the people around me. Now I am only speaking for myself since I don't know how the people around me behave in every situation, but I know exactly what I can or can't do and when they are appropriate. When I see no potential risk in doing something while on cannabis I'll do it, because I know myself, I know my limits, and I know when I physically can't do something. I use it medicinally, I'm not terminal or anything but for psychological woes, muscle relaxation (especially good for stretching), dream enhancement, appetite regulator, imagination spark, aphrodisiac, meditation aid, memory eraser. the list goes on and those all sound like pretty good habits to me. So my question is why do you think medicine should only be for "sick" people.
all of this, in all it's glory. I'm the same way.

MPolarinakis Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:14 am

MPolarinakis wrote:

It is useless to try and have any kind of Intelligent discussion with people like you, quality nutrition is dependent on what foods you eat, not on if it's grown on unfertlized soil without any kind of pest regulation or shipping preservatives. I'd like to think I'm a pretty healthy guy, and over 2/3 of the foods I buy are the great value Walmart brands. People get organic food cause it's the "cool thing to do" like buying a $100 pair of jeans from hollister that costs $8 at JCPennys because it's more hip. And I highly highly doubt the dollar is going to inflate to a point that's useless, and isn't even relevant to the point I was making.

I'm also completely stunned that you're trying to point that me being fiscally responsible with my money is a bad thing, and that I'm somehow going to be worse off in the future cause I manage my funds wisely. I don't even know how to respond to that.
'10 '11 '12 '13

'09 '10 '11 '13

MPolarinakis Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:17 am

They only found 1 drug in the Miami face eating zombie mans blood. And that was pot.

/thread
'10 '11 '12 '13

'09 '10 '11 '13