KJennings Offline
chops master
chops master

Re: Death Penalty?

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:58 am

In this thread:

people speaking in absolutes.

example: "if rehabilitation worked, there would be no repeat offenders."
-So, if 100 people are rehabilitated, and 1 person becomes a repeat offender, rehabilitation doesn't work?

example: "if counseling people with mental issues or chemical imbalances worked, there would be no copycat killings or repeat offenders; there would be no killings where the offender was motivated by fantasy or video games"
- Once again, if 100 people are counseled and one becomes an offender, then it doesn't work at all?

I don't care about your points of view. I seriously do not care at all. You could say that every child who steals a cookie should be hanged and i will not argue it.

I will argue crappy logic, though.
DCI Open Class- 2006
DCI World Class- 2007, 2010, 2011
WGI World Class- 2011, 2012, 2013 (Snare Tech)
Image Image

nasti Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:27 am

Yes I believe in self defense, but at times I feel like maybe that persons
Life did not have to be taken, especially when they are unarmed, but I understand
At times like that taking a second to think could be the difference in you living or not.

As for the thing about drug dealers, I agree with you on that, my point just was,
Is not getting rid of these people as well, for the good of society.
So what I'm saying is because it for the good of society does it make it right?

And for cold blooded I guess that depends on your definition,
I was taught that it means without feeling or emotion, and that is not the case with
All premeditated murder.

Kaitou Offline

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:39 pm

Why do you type like that? I feel like I'm reading poetry..

First degree murder is often referred to as "cold-blooded" murder because it is calculated and committed willfully with the intention to kill or do serious harm...to kill someone in cold blood would be the antithesis of killing someone in the heat of the moment (second degree murder). Emotions being involved or not is irrelevant to it being 1st or 2nd degree murder. You were taught incorrectly

Sorry KJ..you're right
TA67 wrote:She walked over to me and said "I formally request that you turn my body into a playground of lust and wonder, o burly man." To which I agreed. I laid her down on the desk, and well...we both got As for the entire semester as a result.
ImageImage

nasti Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:26 pm

ok, but is the death penalty not calculated and committed willfully with the intention to kill?

sxetnrdrmr Offline

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:42 pm

TVOham wrote:
Because drug dealers, robbers, and car thieves are not directly putting anyone else in physical danger. Your next argument will be "drug dealers put people in danger", but they don't put them in direct physical danger. A drug dealer doesn't pull the trigger. You have a choice whether or not to do drugs. If someone is a murderer or a rapist they are harming someone against their will.
EXCEPT:
when drug dealers kill innocent people in gun battles defending their territory or collecting a debt

and when robbers kill people who try to foil the robbery

and when car thieves instigate a high speed car chase and then crash into someone else.

these kind of turds are more dangerous than the ones who just set out to kill or rape -like a serial killer or a mass murderer - because many of the murders/violent acts are direct result of these 3 activities AND happen they more frequently.

I agree that the car thief's/drug dealer/robbers motive is not to kill someone, but heir motif IS to do whatever they want to do at the cost of everything and everyone else.

So like i said before:
sxetnrdrmr wrote:
Crimes of selfishness and ignorance should never be tolerated...ever!
ANYTIME one human crosses the line of civility and decides to harm another human in the name of selfish, stupid greed, they become inhuman to me. They turn into a "thing" that can be thrown away like a butter tub or banana peel.
Iv'e got sXe!!!!
NAATD!!!!
Up the Antix!!!!

ImageImage

Its' All about the Parking Lot - Watterson Drumline
www.bishopwattersondrumline.webs.com
OSUMB Tenor tech
Pearl
Zildjian
Innovative Percussion
Remo/Evans

ajcf1995 Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:11 am

tommyservo7 wrote:
Kaitou wrote:I think they did it for the thrill..they did it to be utterly superior and completely in control of that couple. I think they wanted a power trip from it
And isn't that just sickening to you? It sure as hell is to me.

The fact that its not sickening to them makes me think that there's something seriously wrong with their brains. That means they need help. Not death.
+1
lesterroyer wrote: This comes second to setting my instructors truck on fire. I hated that guy.
jbohan6 wrote:Gotta play with some sack.
Mt. Vernon Highschool
"On Display"-Alto Sax 2010
"Defend The Shield"-Tenors 2012
"Heroes"-Tenors 2012-13 indoor