Does Evolution disprove God's existence?

discuss and debate ideas and issues in a respectful manner

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth

ottomagne Offline
MAN Chops
MAN Chops

Re: Does Evolution disprove God's existence?

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:56 am

SnareSauce wrote:
TVOham wrote:It sounds like he's just dismissing it as "taken out of context" so he won't have to provide a response to the specific examples which HE asked for.

He also ignored literally everything about his "University", probably because you can't defend the indefensible.
sounds great. message me if you want to go any further. i'm not interested in a 5 on 1 bash the religious nutjob session. I do have factual evidence on which i base my beliefs, i would like to hear yours, and if you care to learn more about why i believe that, then cool. otherwise, i'm done here.
I know you said you're done or whatever, but you're kinda proving our point here. The discussion has remained relatively civil throughout, so I'd hardly call this a "bash". Trust me when I say we've had much less...dignified discussions on this forum, and you must understand that we're simply trying to engage you and hear your side of the point. We've provided what you ask for at every turn, and yet our arguments are met with either tangential arguments or subject changes. Please understand we're not attacking you but rather trying to understand your beliefs and in doing so, perhaps causing you to question them further.
ImageImage

Drum bandin' since twenty o' seven.

'10 '13
'11'13

TVOham Offline
chops master
chops master

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:07 am

ottomagne wrote:
SnareSauce wrote:
TVOham wrote:It sounds like he's just dismissing it as "taken out of context" so he won't have to provide a response to the specific examples which HE asked for.

He also ignored literally everything about his "University", probably because you can't defend the indefensible.
sounds great. message me if you want to go any further. i'm not interested in a 5 on 1 bash the religious nutjob session. I do have factual evidence on which i base my beliefs, i would like to hear yours, and if you care to learn more about why i believe that, then cool. otherwise, i'm done here.
I know you said you're done or whatever, but you're kinda proving our point here. The discussion has remained relatively civil throughout, so I'd hardly call this a "bash". Trust me when I say we've had much less...dignified discussions on this forum, and you must understand that we're simply trying to engage you and hear your side of the point. We've provided what you ask for at every turn, and yet our arguments are met with either tangential arguments or subject changes. Please understand we're not attacking you but rather trying to understand your beliefs and in doing so, perhaps causing you to question them further.

+1.
No need to restate what otto just said.

I know you don't have any such "factual evidence", especially if you're going to defend the position of a young Earth or creation science. I've heard all the "factual" evidence for that.

billc36 Offline

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:41 am

Here's what I've gathered from Snares post thus far:

When asked a question he can't answer, he diverts to something else. (See the last thing I asked him and find a response)

When presented with actual text from the bible that doesn't help his argument, it's suddenly because its taken out of context and therefore a moot point. Explain to me how the opening Genesis text in Ryans lengthy post can be out of context.

He defends Liberty University...how many of Jewish faith attend?

He tries to talk of the facts of the bible, based on the bible as a source, yet the book itself is a book of stories. Not on the scientology level, but close.

When given proof of the bible plagarizing earlier religious texts, he has no answer.

Since he can't solidly defend his position, he claims it's because everyone is bashing him. I've cleaned up bashings on her MANY times, this isn't bashing. Instead, he asks to discuss it privately. He's missing the point of a discussion.

Tell me Snare...when was Christ born?

That's now 2 questions I've asked him. Let's see if he answers either.

My posts are mine and mine alone.
They do not now or in the future represent any group, person (both living and dead) that I have been, am currently, or will be in the future associated with.

Ryan Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Re:

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:03 pm

*Crickets chirping.*

billc36 Offline

Re: Re:

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:04 pm

Ryan wrote:*Crickets chirping.*
Are you honestly surprised by that Ryan?

My posts are mine and mine alone.
They do not now or in the future represent any group, person (both living and dead) that I have been, am currently, or will be in the future associated with.

KJennings Offline
chops master
chops master

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:29 pm

I took a spur of the moment trip to Washington D.C. this weekend with some Star of Indiana quad line alums this weekend and we spent a good deal of time at the Museum of Natural History. I loved it there!

I kept thinking to myself... how many of these people can read? and how many of these people are Christian? ... because that would cause a dilemma.
DCI Open Class- 2006
DCI World Class- 2007, 2010, 2011
WGI World Class- 2011, 2012, 2013 (Snare Tech)
Image Image