The Official Offworld Invader Thread

discuss and review drumming related products

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth

muthkw25 Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Re: The Official Offworld Invader Thread

Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:49 pm

I contacted Dave at Offworld and he sent me another Vinyl layer. The problem isn't the vinyl layer as much as the Mylar plastic. In order for me to apply the vinyl, I need a new Mylar. I just have to get online and order a new one. I do like the sound, but for the amount I practice a week, I don't use it all the time. Or I will be going through a ton of money.

bohogony Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Re:

Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:13 am

Do I need to clean it when i take it out of the box or do i wait a week? Is it fine to play straight out of the box? Also would it do any harm playing ontop of an old snare drum of mine so its higher?

Kaitou Offline

Re: Re:

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:48 pm

bohogony wrote:Do I need to clean it when i take it out of the box or do i wait a week? Is it fine to play straight out of the box? Also would it do any harm playing ontop of an old snare drum of mine so its higher?
It's fine to play right out of the box..and no that won't hurt it at all. Occasionally it will get like suction cupped down to the surface you put it on..but it can be pried off simply enough
TA67 wrote:She walked over to me and said "I formally request that you turn my body into a playground of lust and wonder, o burly man." To which I agreed. I laid her down on the desk, and well...we both got As for the entire semester as a result.
ImageImage

Sangerman Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:36 pm

bohogony wrote:Do I need to clean it when i take it out of the box or do i wait a week? Is it fine to play straight out of the box? Also would it do any harm playing ontop of an old snare drum of mine so its higher?
It's pretty impossible to harm it hahah
BTTB Snare July '11 - '13
Blue Saints Snare '13
Pacific Crest '16

drummerboyonfire Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:02 pm

Sangerman wrote:
It's pretty impossible to harm it hahah
Unless you are curious to see if you can drum while standing in your pool. I wouldn't recommend trying that unless you are a nut like me and just want a pool pad. I will admit it's pretty awesome during the summer.
7th Regiment
Snare 14-15

drummerboyonfire Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:29 pm

Hey I hate to be "that guy". But. The x company just came out with a new line of pads. sort of. They now have a non marking surface. and you have the option of getting a carbon laminate, plain kevlar, or a carbon kevlar hybrid (no more replacing laminates every month or so). Sorry to be that guy I understand there is a lot of hate on this site for them, but dang they undoubtuly make some good pads.
7th Regiment
Snare 14-15

xEve Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 7:09 am

Is it have any shop can ship the drum pad to Malaysia ? There is no shop selling this pad in Malaysia ><

boukenhxc Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:54 pm

Longboarding with some friends the other day and my friend was holding my v3 and I was playing while we were skating and my other friend did a 180 shove-it under/in-between us and out of excitement my friend holding the pad slammed it into the concrete and it rolled perfectly for about 30 feet and it barely had a scratch on the rim.
The only musician you should try to be better than is the musician you were yesterday.
--------------------------------------
CHS Drumline: 2009-2014
CHS Center Snare/Section Leader: 2011-2014
CHS Assistant Band Director/Percussion Instructor: 2014
--------------------------------------
ULL Pride of Acadiana: 2014

ohmycheese Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Re:

Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:12 pm

If anyone is wondering about the shuttle pad, it's great. I got one at the RCC show since it fit in my bag better than my ***** pad. It feels great. Also, two people can play on it at the same time.
Hawaii
DCI 2014

omelzayatie Offline
noob
noob

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:16 am

Kaitou wrote:
Lee clary wrote:So finally the Scojo V3 has been released and i have ordered it.
That pad looks *beep* sexy..but not at all worth the price they're asking for it
true,but the back should be dark matter

omelzayatie Offline
noob
noob

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:54 am

why do laminates crack

VoteLobster Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:52 am

omelzayatie wrote:why do laminates crack
Just normal wear and tear. They're basically strips of plastic
Alex Douglass
MCDC 16, 17 PR 18

HeyPeter00 Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:51 pm

My old v1 invader is starting to die, rim is gonna fall off before too long. So I'm gonna order a new v3 next week and I can't decide between laminated or normal dark matter. I guess my biggest question, if I buy the laminated v3 and the plastic starts to crack, can I peel it off and be left with a normal invader pad?
Shacka Brah,

MrSirEric Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:27 am

HeyPeter00 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:51 pm
My old v1 invader is starting to die, rim is gonna fall off before too long. So I'm gonna order a new v3 next week and I can't decide between laminated or normal dark matter. I guess my biggest question, if I buy the laminated v3 and the plastic starts to crack, can I peel it off and be left with a normal invader pad?
In theory, yes, you can peel off the laminate if it gets really cracked, but in reality it may not just come off clean. I'd personally recommend the regular dark matter, you don't have to do the whole wash and wax thing that they tell you to do, and IMO it feels better than with the laminate. Just don't get the Lonestar gold one, because they coat that one with armorall or something instead of the turtle wax, and it kills a lot of the rebound until you really break it in, and even then it doesn't feel as good as the black or red ones.

Edit: forgot to mention this above but the laminates are really hard to crack. I've had a laminated invader for over a year, and after a year of regular use mine doesn't have a single crack, much less enough to make me want to take the laminate off
Cedar Park High School
'15: Bass 4
'16 - '18: Snare

University of North Texas
'19: Snare

"I can't sit down long enough to absorb any kind of learning." ~Buddy Rich