Ear Protection Endorsement

discuss and review drumming related products

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth

Spirit Snare 80 Offline
chops master
chops master

Ear Protection Endorsement

Posted: Sat May 23, 2015 3:25 am

After using a new set of "Earasers", I highly recommend this product. These are the first ear plugs that have allowed me to actually hear everything I need to hear, including voices in a natural tone, while at the same time blocking out those pesky kevlar rim shots that are so prevalent in today's marching percussion music. My ears are not ringing and that "boxy" feeling you hear with regular ear plugs is not a problem anymore. If you are in need of a good set of ear plugs, also field tested by the Blue Devils, then these are the ticket. They come in a really cool blue metal carrying "pod" with a screw on lid. Very high quality product.

https://systemblue.org/earasers/
Husband, Dad, Music Educator, Drummer

awakentosleep Offline
ROAF
ROAF

Re: Ear Protection Endorsement

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:58 am

I've been using these for about 2 and a half years now and I love them. Like you said, it cuts the volume down without changing the quality of the sound you hear. Great product.

Spirit Snare 80 Offline
chops master
chops master

Re: Ear Protection Endorsement

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:42 am

I used them this past weekend at a gig on the beach with a band that I play with and my
ears were fine after playing 3 hours. The bass player did have to raise his voice just a little
to tell me what song we were going to play, but that was a minor inconvenience compared
to having my ears ring for hours afterwards. I also used them as I taught a drum camp
last month and the rim shots are now welcomed. Bring 'em on guys!
Husband, Dad, Music Educator, Drummer