discuss and review drumming related products

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth

JonDeSt Offline
paradiddler
paradiddler

Gibralter 7706EX

Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:30 pm

Has anyone.
Last edited by JonDeSt on Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

joliet Offline
noob
noob

Re:

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:56 am

If you are still looking for a good stand I would highly recommend the Gibraltar 6706ex. Just got one from steveweiss. Build quality is similar to the pearl s1030l. It is very heavy duty and the 360 tilt has a firm grasp.

I have tried the s1030l and it did not go high enough for me (6'2") when using a practice pad. I have tried a few stands that claim to be specifically made to extend high enough for practice pad use. The problem with all those stands is that they use small diameter tubing that gets wobbly at height and the base has the footprint of a regular drumset snare stand.

With an invader v3 on the 6706ex, I measured from the floor to the bottom of the practice pad.
- lowest height is 29.5" (memory lock removed)
- tallest height is 44" (left about an inch of tubing in the base and stand was still solid)

I play with the bottom of the pad at 38.5" and that leaves almost 7.5" of tube into the base. At that height the stand is very solid feeling. No wobble throughout the entire height range.

Jason Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Re: Gibralter 7706EX

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:43 pm

I have that stand it is amazing but its not too portable if you are wanting to put it in a backpack or something
¸,¤°ˆˆ°¤,¸..............¸,¤°ˆˆ°¤,¸..Jå$øn..¸,¤°ˆˆ°¤,¸...............¸,¤°ˆˆ°¤,..
...............ˆ°¤,¸¸,¤°ˆ.............D®µm G33K............ˆ°¤,¸¸,¤°ˆ..............

'12-'13 MHS Alto Sax "Latin Heat"
'13-'14 MHS Flute "Riverdance"
'14-'15 MHS Marimba "Styx"
'15-'16 MHS Snare "Hard Rock"
billc36 wrote:My posts are mine and mine alone.
They do not now or in the future represent any group, person (both living and dead) that I have been, am currently, or will be in the future associated with.

JonDeSt Offline
paradiddler
paradiddler

Re: Re:

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:27 pm

joliet wrote:If you are still looking for a good stand I would highly recommend the Gibraltar 6706ex. Just got one from steveweiss. Build quality is similar to the pearl s1030l. It is very heavy duty and the 360 tilt has a firm grasp.

I have tried the s1030l and it did not go high enough for me (6'2") when using a practice pad. I have tried a few stands that claim to be specifically made to extend high enough for practice pad use. The problem with all those stands is that they use small diameter tubing that gets wobbly at height and the base has the footprint of a regular drumset snare stand.

With an invader v3 on the 6706ex, I measured from the floor to the bottom of the practice pad.
- lowest height is 29.5" (memory lock removed)
- tallest height is 44" (left about an inch of tubing in the base and stand was still solid)

I play with the bottom of the pad at 38.5" and that leaves almost 7.5" of tube into the base. At that height the stand is very solid feeling. No wobble throughout the entire height range.
Thanks for the suggestion. I just ordered it.