Tama or Pearl Airframe harnesses?

discuss and review drumming related products

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth

Nestra Offline
noob
noob

Tama or Pearl Airframe harnesses?

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:32 pm

We're looking to get new harnesses for our line (8 Snare, 4 Tenor, 5 Bass). We have fairly new yamaha drums but from looking around, the new 'Randall May Contour Hinge Carriers' don't have great reviews and they're really pricey. Although I would LOVE to get rid of j-bars, I think I can deal with them. I've narrowed it down between Tama and Pearl since they have very similar models. Both look durable, the Tama look more comfortable yet the Pearl are much cheaper. I think the Tama carriers look much nicer but obviously functionality is way more important. I've had zero experience with both and would like to hear some opinions.

billc36 Offline

Re: Tama or Pearl Airframe harnesses?

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:03 pm

You'd need all new mounting hardware and depending on which back bar your tenors have, you'd have to redrill holes in the drums to adapt them to a carrier and back bar other than a Yamaha.

My posts are mine and mine alone.
They do not now or in the future represent any group, person (both living and dead) that I have been, am currently, or will be in the future associated with.

Nestra Offline
noob
noob

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:22 pm

billc36 wrote:You'd need all new mounting hardware and depending on which back bar your tenors have, you'd have to redrill holes in the drums to adapt them to a carrier and back bar other than a Yamaha.
If you just use the adaptor for the j-bars thats already on the tenors both harness' j-rods should be able to connect to that.

billc36 Offline

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:16 pm

Seems like a foolish waste of money to me unless the current carriers are broken.

My posts are mine and mine alone.
They do not now or in the future represent any group, person (both living and dead) that I have been, am currently, or will be in the future associated with.

andmcc Offline
noob
noob

Re:

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:24 pm

Airframes are infinitely more comfortable than tama carriers. I would definitely go with Airframes.
Leander HS - 2012 - timpani
Leander HS - 2013 - tenors
Leander HS - 2014 - tenors
Guardians DBC - 2014 - tenors
Genesis DBC - 2015 - tenors
Leander HS 2015 - tenors

hurt-a Offline
ramming notes
ramming notes

Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:03 pm

Airframes are great
Legends DBC Front Ensemble
2013- Aux
2014- Vibraphone
2015- Marimba
Spirit Snare 80 wrote:Cowbell- "WHACK-WHACK-WHACK-WHACK"......Spaaaalat. "Cut!" Do it again!