Any review from those sticks?

discuss and review drumming related products

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth

xEve Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Any review from those sticks?

Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:08 am

Which sticks is better and what is the different ?

Promark Dc50 , Promark Dc17 , Vic Firth SRH.

I am using Promark Dc17. It is good at first after a few month the sound changed :S

I gonna try other sticks :)

Any recommendations?

Jason Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Re: Any review from those sticks?

Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:20 am

VF Tom Aungsts and Promark System Blue Scott Johnsons are what i use. Toms are better practice sticks and Scojos are heavy.
¸,¤°ˆˆ°¤,¸..............¸,¤°ˆˆ°¤,¸..Jå$øn..¸,¤°ˆˆ°¤,¸...............¸,¤°ˆˆ°¤,..
...............ˆ°¤,¸¸,¤°ˆ.............D®µm G33K............ˆ°¤,¸¸,¤°ˆ..............

'12-'13 MHS Alto Sax "Latin Heat"
'13-'14 MHS Flute "Riverdance"
'14-'15 MHS Marimba "Styx"
'15-'16 MHS Snare "Hard Rock"
billc36 wrote:My posts are mine and mine alone.
They do not now or in the future represent any group, person (both living and dead) that I have been, am currently, or will be in the future associated with.

Isaiah.Lamb Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:47 am

It's hard to say that any stick is better than the other. When it comes down to it, it all depends on preference. Companies wouldn't make sticks that people don't use. With that being said, I really like Colin McNutt's, Paul Rennick's and Mike McIntosh sticks. In the end though, it's about the player, not the sticks so much.

TrentKranz Offline
noob
noob

Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 1:43 pm

Isaiah.Lamb wrote:It's hard to say that any stick is better than the other. When it comes down to it, it all depends on preference. Companies wouldn't make sticks that people don't use. With that being said, I really like Colin McNutt's, Paul Rennick's and Mike McIntosh sticks. In the end though, it's about the player, not the sticks so much.
Really good point. Ive been using McNutts for my High Schools line for as long as I can remember. But for anything higher level drumming I would suggest McIntosh FS-MM. Great weight with a solid attack

Rob Bond Offline
noob
noob

Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:04 am

I never used Promark for marching sticks, but I have used the Vic Firth SRH and those are my favourite sticks. Besides those, I like the Mike Macs and McNutts.
Always improving.

jakerook5 Offline
noob
noob

Posted: Sat May 14, 2016 12:27 pm

My favorite sticks would probably SRH, I'm just used to it because I've been using them ever since I started playing. Other sticks that I like though are DC50s and Jim casellas. Hardimons though are the same in size as the DC17s pretty much but to me they just feel better.

chellelee75 Offline
noob
noob

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:24 pm

Maybe it's just me, but I DESPISE Vic-Firth sticks for marching, especially RH. Every pair I've ordered sound dead almost instantly and just feel wrong. With that said,
DC17> DC50
And, if you want to try something new.

IP JC> All

MrSirEric Offline
flam dragger
flam dragger

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:07 am

Ralph Hardimons are going to be consistently the lightest of the three, followed by DC50s, and Scojos as the heaviest. Hardimons are very good sticks for beginning players, but unless you can get a pair that are unusually heavy (for Hardimons) they're not that good for more advanced players.

MY personal favorite of the three are the DC17s because they have good balance and promark makes consistent sticks, but my gold standard overall for marching sticks are the Innovative Paul Rennick 2s. Perfect weight, balance, and general feel in my hands.

If the Rennicks are too heavy for your taste, then go with IP Jim Casellas
Cedar Park High School
'15: Bass 4
'16 - '18: Snare

University of North Texas
'19: Snare

"I can't sit down long enough to absorb any kind of learning." ~Buddy Rich