Promark Jeff Ausdemore DC8 Marching Snare Drum Sticks

discuss and review drumming related products

Moderators: Kaitou, sxetnrdrmr, billc36, iDrum, Novak, PanasonicYouth

bowmansbeatlab Offline
noob
noob

Promark Jeff Ausdemore DC8 Marching Snare Drum Sticks

Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:55 pm

This post was created to share information related to the Jeff Ausdemore DC8 Marching Snare Drum Stick.

What Promark Says About It:

"The DC8 was designed by Texas educator Jeff Ausdemore. His stick has a "fast" feel due to the thin neck which bodes well for quick response in either single stokes or multiple bounce rudiments. The DC8's shoulder also flares out quickly to handle rim shots and the shaft provides a "full" feeling in the player's hand. The small bead provides a very clear articulation and a focused attack at all volumes. Because of its resilience, responsiveness and durability, hickory is the most commonly used wood for drumsticks. Hickory is the classic drumstick feel. For over 50 years, ProMark has been one of the world's leading manufacturers of drumsticks, mallets, and percussion accessories. Owned and operated by D'Addario & Co., the Houston, Texas based ProMark produces products used globally by the greatest drummers and percussionists in the world, including Neal Peart, Phil Collins, Simon Phillips, Ringo Starr, and many more. ProMark - Make Your Mark."

Personal Review:

Jeff Ausdemore sticks are a beefy stick, but despite their size they are quite light allowing them to flow easily with a variety of strokes. The teardrop shaped beads cause the stick to produce a higher pitched sound, which can be helpful when playing high-tension snares. The taper on the stick makes approaching 'rim work' a simple process and also allows the sticks to be durable when faced with excessive rim shots. Overall these sticks are excellent for snare drummers who enjoy a beefy, but light stick that can go the distance.

*Please feel free to comment your own experiences and thoughts on the stick for the benefit of the community. *

PADetz Offline
playin' eights
playin' eights

Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:27 am

We've used this model of sticks in Vandy's snareline this season, and I agree with everything you've said about them! They feel wonderful to me, I like my sticks fast but full in my hands, and these sticks have the right 17"X.720" size and long taper for it! (In high school I used IP Rennick 2s, 17"x.710" with long taper, but in my experience IP doesn't consistently make good pairs.)
Philip Aaron Gorodetzky
- White House High School Band of Pride: Pit, 2007-2010; Bass, 2011; Center Snare/Drum Captain, 2012
- East Robertson High School Maroon Regiment: Drum Tech, 2013
- Vanderbilt University Spirit of Gold: Snare, 2013-2016, center 2014-2015, Drum Captain 2015

Spirit Snare 80 Offline
chops master
chops master

Re: Promark Jeff Ausdemore DC8 Marching Snare Drum Sticks

Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:29 am

I played with a pair of these at my local music store and really liked the feel.
I'm not usually a Pro Mark guy, but these made me think again. And Lone Star
has them for a mere $8.80 a pair. Can't beat that with a stick. Sorry!
Husband, Dad, Music Educator, Drummer